Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Words I Never Thought Would Be Uttered...

As I drove the kids home from daycare tonight, I told them I was going to try out a new recipe and that they wouldn't believe its name... "Garbage Dump." As hoped for, the name got some giggles and comments such as, "I can't wait until tomorrow to tell Juliet that we ate garbage dump for supper." They were stoked to try it - as isn't usually the case when Dave is out of town and I'm doing the cooking.

Fast forward to supper, the dump was prepared (ableit a tadbit burned) and two out of the three kids reverted to their picky eater selves. This time comments such as "How much do I have to eat?" and "Can I just eat strawberries?" were scattered throughout the nighttime air. It was about this time the words that I'm sure have never been spoken by another human being came forth from my mouth, "C'mon kids, just eat your dump."

Let's just say I cracked up after that one.

P.S. The recipe consisted of plain old hamburger, sliced potatoes and onion (Yes Dave, I did put onions in it!), baby carrots, butter, and salt and pepper. All this was "dumped" into a tinfoil container and grilled (Yes Dave, I did turn on the grill!) for approximately 45 minutes (or about ten minutes too long, depending on how you look at it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment