Sunday, June 11, 2006

Nathanael Jesse


Last Saturday I took a "vacation" from my family and went to visit Roxy, my sister and her family. While I was there, I was privileged to hold and feed Nathanael - all seven weeks old of him. I offered to feed him throughout the night (you can tell it's been 4+ years since I facilitated nighttime feedings on a regular basis!), but his daddy holds that time strictly for the two of them. So I slept soundly while Don was up a few times with Nathanael. He is such a dear, sweet baby - so content and happy. Part of that contentedness, I'm sure, is from all the love that surrounds him. He has six older brothers and sisters at home and everyone is so happy to have him. At times throughout my short visit I had to almost wrestle him away from a sibling so I could hold or feed him - obviously an exaggeration but it's true... the kids all want to help in whatever way they can and it's wonderful to see and be a part of.



Roxy, even with everything she's gone through in the past few months, is still keeping on top of things. She worked me hard when I was there - together we finished the baby announcements and she took care of other things while I worked on completing and crossing off things on her list. We made it through a fair bit of it before I had to get back home. It was at that point she said, "You know Marci, I didn't mean we had to do all these things today!" Roxy - I knew that, but it's the least I could do. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment