Thursday, January 31, 2008

Quilting for a Cause


A close friend was diagnosed with cancer in December and a quilt for her is our latest project. Anna and I stole a pillow from her bedroom and picked out the colors. At the store I was in awe of Anna as she told the clerk we were designing a quilt and then figured out how much material we needed. At that point we were just going to do a larger flying geese pattern than the one we did in October. The clerk was quite dubious when Anna said we were designing our own, but so far it's worked out.

A few Tuesdays ago Caprice joined us with her quilting books and wonderful design ideas. We looked through her books and decided on the pattern - all I knew was I wanted to use flying geese and I wanted to incoporate pinwheels. We quilted all day long - it's pretty amazing what you can do with two people at sewing machines and one at the ironing board. Unfortunately the quilt has sat for the last two weeks - I've been busy at 817 and the flu has been going around town... need I say more?

But here's the pattern - I'm thinking it's beautiful - perfect for a beautiful woman.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful--she will love it! A quilt is just perfect--comforts, protects, provides warmth and was sewn with love. Beautiful and poetic--well done Marci!

    ReplyDelete