Sunday, January 06, 2008

Looking for good children's books? Try here...

One of the most important items on Sophie's Christmas list was a "really, good thick book." I tried to find her one - thinking about what she'd been reading and looking at various websites for suggestions. I semi-succeeded in the pursuit of a good book but in fact, all I really should have done was talk to her friend Sophia. It seems as though Sophia and her older brother Lucas always have a good book around. Today, after talking with their mom, I found the secret to their success - a book-loving grandma, a store in Milwaukee called Harry W. Schwartz and a catalogue called Chinaberry. I checked out both websites (Grandma K. isn't available to me)and they look wonderful - easy to use, full of categories for choosing books, and nice reviews. So, even though I haven't ordered from either yet, I'm recommending the sites to all of you - especially all of you with kids or grandkids.

No comments:

Post a Comment