Monday, May 14, 2007

View from the Hammock

I took this picture one morning last week as John and I hung out in the hammock. It reminded me of the following entry from my writer's notebook, dated April 18, 2002:
About a month ago I was walking on campus - hurrying toward the union for a meeting. I looked up and saw the kind of clear blue, bright blue sky that reminds so much of Sedona. Maybe it was the way the red brick buildings met the sky - much like the red rocks and sky converging in Sedona. A lady was walking by, hurrying with downcast eyes. I said, "Isn't the sky beautiful?" She stopped and said, "What?" I said, "Look at the beautiful sky." She paused, eyes towards the heavens for a full five seconds and said, "Thank you, thank you very much." I guess my sister Tori was right when she said you can see "Blue Sedona Skies" right here in North Dakota.

1 comment:

  1. I love this. I love the picture.... It would make a wonderful desktop background for my computer. I love the fusion of memory of your Sedona skies and your writing from 2002 and photography capturing this moment... one you shared with John. I love the way you bring all of these together here in your blog... Thank you.

    ReplyDelete