Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day


Things I love about Mom:

1. Her medical advice: Holding my hand and telling me to point my toes together everytime I had to get a kenalog shot in the butt. She still always has advice for us. A few weeks ago when John hurt his foot I called her up and asked her advice. Later John asked, "Is she really a doctor?"
2. Cooking Eccentricities: The way she pushes her tongue to the corner of her mouth when she beats batter by hand.
3. Writing Eccentricities: She has this thing where right before she actually puts pen to paper she "air writes" it - the pen hovers right above the paper and moves in circles. Tori, Roxy and I joked that if she had to write a research paper she'd write it all out in the air first.
4. Cleaning Advice: White vinegar is still the best "all in one" cleaner around.
5. Washing clothes: As soon as you take the laundry out of the dryer (or off the clothesline), you fold it... no ifs, ands, or buts. And if you're folding towels, you'd better do it the proper way!
6. Her Career Advice: Do what makes you happy.
7. Her sense of organization: Create systems that work for you and your life will be easier. (My friends will all attest this is one thing I'm really good at and I know I learned it all from Mom!)
8. Her obvious caring for Dad: Public displays of affection aren't a bad thing - they're just somewhat embarassing to your children.
9. Her independence: She taught me that I needed to learn how to use a screwdriver, a lawn mower, and a paintbrush. Women don't need men to get things done - it's just that it's often more fun to get things done together.
10. Love: Just because you love someone, it doesn't mean you have to agree with him/her on everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment