Monday, May 14, 2007

Bad Mood

I've been in a bad mood for a very long time - so long that I know it can't be due to any hormones (or lack thereof), allergies, or being overtired. I'm afraid it's become part of who I am - a part of me I can certainly live without (and I'm sure Dave feels the same).

So, what kinds of things are bothering me that don't usually create that "C'mon people! Think!" feeling? Rather than bombard you with daily blog entries ranting or raving, I made a List. Here it is, but please read it with caution and know that many of the things on the list don't normally bother me.

1. Sending reminder emails (yes, I know I've already ranted about this one.)
2. Getting calls on my cell phone when most people that actually have that number know I never, ever actually have it on.
3. Business phone calls on the weekend.
4. People using their blinker to make a lane change and then forgetting to turn it off.
5. Barking dogs (OK, you're right, they always bother me.)
6. Making supper - especially when, on any given night, only two people will actually eat it.
7. Washing clothes, drying clothes, folding clothes, and then starting all over the next day.
8. Sneezing twenty times in a row.
9. Peeing my pants after the fourth sneeze.
10. Putting kids' hair up in buns for ballet recital night - no matter how long their hair is I can never get it to stay in for the duration of the recital.
11. People talking during ballet recitals.
12. People texting during ballet recitals.
13. The overabundance of treats, gifts and flowers given to ballet dancers as young as three. (You should have seen some of the presents for the dancers.)
14. People asking for advice but then ignoring it.
15. Trying to find the right change for a babysitter.
16. People who wear fragrant lotion and don't shower before they enter the pool for lap swimming.
17. Cell phones.
18. Salespeople who don't trust you when you say you don't have the receipt but that you can name the date you bought the outfit and know you paid full price for it. (By the way, I did go home, find the sales receipt and did, ultimately, return the blouse and necklace for a total refund of $64 vs. the $32 offered.)
19. People who have made it necessary for stores not to trust their customers.
20. People who are always in a bad mood.

Yep, I know I totally fit that last one. I think I've spent more time apoligizing to people in the last few days than any other activity. I'm trying, I really am, to get out of this funk but am having trouble. So, if you have any "surefire" ways to get out of a bad mood - methods that last more than a few minutes, please let me know. I promise I'll give ALL suggestions a try... well maybe I'll do a little screening of suggestions since I'm sure I know one thing Dave would say to try!

1 comment:

  1. Many of the things on your list are on my list too. I am shocked at the number of people that simply ignore professional emails. I have been ignored by at least ten companies and National Guard representatives during the course of writing my book. AND, I am looking to PLUG their product or service in my book in exchange for answering a few questions.

    As for the cellphone/calls, I am going to be blogging on that very soon. Hate phone calls from people that I see all the time.

    ReplyDelete