Thursday, January 08, 2009

Steph's Phone

Thanks to Odie and her great taste we've got this wonderful phone in our little kitchen cubby. Isn't it adorable? I was at her house a month ago and spied it on a storage shelf in her basement. I said something like, "Oh, look at that cool phone!" and before I knew it I was walking home with it cradled in my mittened hands.

It took a little bit of work to get it to fit right - I had to do a little painting in the cubby since there used to be door that hid the phone from view. And then we took off said door and put it back up on the other side. So there's still access to the phone via the coat closet and one can still technically sit on a bench in the closet and talk on the phone - if one can find a space to sit amongst all the backpacks and ballet bags. I have yet to do it, but I can tell from the scratchings on the metal laundry chute it's been done. (Lori O - can you give us any hints about that?!!)

The coat closet/booth itself reminds me of my Delta Gamma days and sitting in one of those phone booths making a date with Dave. Or worriedly walking by a shut phone booth door, hearing occasional sobs and wondering about the relationship or family drama going on behind closed doors. Let's just hope there's none of that to come in the phone booth here on Belmont Road. Seriously, there's drama enough in our lives. Remember that Sophie, Lucy and John!

P.S. Thanks so much Odie - as soon as you find a wall jack we'll get it back to you. :)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:36 AM

    Don't you love old houses! What could be more interesting than a coat closet/phone booth! I love it! I love making up stories about who used to live in my old house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the cutest phone ever!!!

    ReplyDelete