Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Dakota's First Christmas

Santa McSqueaker (the third in a series of McSqueakers Dakota has been through)

For the first time in our history the kids took money from their piggybanks and used it to buy presents for family and friends. In the past I've taken two of them out to buy for the third and then two others, etc... and Dave and I have always paid for each gift. But this year, with no prodding from either parent, they chose to use their own money. There was no rhyme or reason for who they bought for or why - they were just totally into the idea of giving.

Dave took them out shopping while I read by the fire and the minute they got home the wrapping began. By day's end the tree skirt was filled with gifts full of heart and childish delight.

So who, you wonder, got the most presents? I think it was a probably a tie between Dakota and me... although you would be correct if you assume I've taken better care of my presents than Dakota. Let's just say for about a minute after these pictures were taken we were afraid she'd eaten the squeaker inside of Santa.

No comments:

Post a Comment