Monday, March 02, 2009

Sick Germs

We fly to Arizona on Friday and I'm already a bit nervous. My nervousness has nothing to do with flying and everything to do with all the germs we're more than likely going to pass on to all the other passengers and crew members. Sophie has been coughing like crazy for over two weeks and now John has started. Lucy just finished up antibiotics yesterday but now both Dave and I are feeling pretty awful with sore throats, headaches and general aches.

So I called the doctor today and tried to get three of us in. Unfortunately there was only one slot left in the entire clinic - with any doctor or any nurse practitioner. I nabbed the single appointment for Sophie and made a seperate appointment for me for tomorrow. My plan is that if our doctor doesn't think antibiotics will help Sophie, then they probably won't help John either. I've already increased his advair to twice a day and we'll take the nebulizer to AZ with us, just in case. We'll keep pumping Sophie full of expectorant for her cough.

As far as Dave and I - we'll go with the same plan except for totally different symptons. It's one of those things - I don't really think we need antibiotics but I sure would feel bad if it turns out we should have had them and we needlessly exposed all the other passengers and grandparents to our germs.

So wish us well at the appointments - and steer away from our part of the country if you can.

3 comments:

  1. Wow... I am SOOOOO glad I babysat last Saturday! Hmmm.... What does Mrs. Piggle Wiggle suggest? Is there a magic cure? Good luck. Load up on some vitamin C and sleep and fluids and sleep and wow... well, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Sophie has bronchitis and is on medicine. We'll see about John at his appointment tomorrow morning. You load up on vitamin C as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummmm... I already have a terribly sore throat. Oh dear. It hit this evening... I went for an antihistamine, some cough drops, and some vitamin C. Keep me posted on what I should be doing if this doesn't abate! I hope for both of us that we are tough enough to beat it back. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete