Friday, September 07, 2007

Less list guilt...


Yesterday Mary had a wonderful brainstorm - rather than make to do lists, make to done lists. She explains it all here, complete with her to done list for the day. So, here's my to done list for today:
-reminded Sophie to take a snack to school
-was rewarded with a smile and a thumbs-up sign
-called Kay at school to tell her Lucy was still sick and would be staying home with me again today
-pushed the button for oven self-cleaning
-scrubbed oven racks clean
-make tofu chili for lunch
-made homemade bread using Charlotte's recipe (see recipe and bread above)
-made parmesan noodles for Lucy
-took some chili and bread over to Charlotte to have for supper
-cleaned the microwave
-spent 45 minutes on the phone trying to get people paid for writing project stuff
-spent 20 minutes before the phone call fretting about it and trying to figure out a more efficient system for getting people paid
-returned a phone call to one of the teachers who hasn't been paid
-spoke to the librarian's assistant about the fact that fourth graders can only check out books once/week (silly rule as far as I'm concerned) and asked about policy to not let kids check out books if they talk during library time (another silly rule, my opinion)
-made note to myself that I need to talk to the librarian about this on Monday
-confirmed parents who will read to K-3rd graders every morning before school, shared the list with the teacher at the school who is in charge of this
-thanked Anna for picking up 16 cool glass snack plates/cups for $25 at the Arc
-took those same 16 snack plates/cups to Theresa's for her desert night next week (she'll have to wash them - ha!)
-emailed reminders to writing project book club members
-shared a bakery caramel roll with Theresa
-dropped off Sophie's violin to be restrung
-just remembered that I need to pick up the violin
.... to be continued later (after I pick up the violin!)

3 comments:

  1. I love it. I think this is a great idea and who did so much!!

    I agree...one book a week is a silly rule.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Told you it would be a long list. No wonder we don't "get anything done." Yeah right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a busy one! I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete