Saturday, February 10, 2007

We're Here in London

Twenty-two hours after leaving our house, we arrived at the Crowne Plaza just in time for a pint, a quick shower and dinner with friends. Today, while Davey-baby was in meetings, Lorraine and I walked 15 minutes to the National Gallery. Along the way we saw Big Ben as he rang out at 11:30, walked by the Westminister Abbey and 10 Downing Street, and, finally through Trafalgar Square. The National Gallery was a true pleasure - seeing the actual work by Picasso, Monet, Van Gogh, Renoir, Vermeer, and Da Vinci was wonderful. I got so excited at one point that the guard came over and told me to stand back. Silly is pretty much how I felt at that point.

Sophie, Lucy and John - take a look at the double decker bus; I bet you wish you were here! The good news for you three is we'll wait to see Scooby Doo until you're with us. In the meantime, enjoy your shows from the Scooby Bowl.


We love you and miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment