Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Thanks for the inspiration Ashleigh and Carmyn!



I did it - last night at 10:30 I finished the scarf I thought would never end. For those of you that don't know the story it started sometime in November when Carmyn brought over some gray yarn, handed me some needles and said, "OK, now you're going to make a scarf." So I tried, and I tried and I tried. On our roadtrip to Arizona, I knit all the way through Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas and New Mexico. Unfortunately I kept adding stitches. Once I discovered that, I tried decreasing stitches - all resulting in a big hump on one side of the scarf. I was ready to leave it be, but when we made it to Sedona, Mom, without hesitation, took out row after row after row. There went Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas and New Mexico. Still, I plugged away until the same thing happened again. This time it was Carmyn who did the pulling out, but upon seeing my despair she then knitted back up to where I'd been. Then I stalled - for about a month. In the meantime, Carmyn went crazy - check out her blog for her creations. So, finally inspired, I overcame my knitting block and finished up. The picture on the left are all knit scarves and gloves: the gray one by me, one confetti one and matching gloves by Carmyn, and the two on the right by my 20 year old neice Ashleigh - she paved the way for all of us. Thanks for the inspiration Ash!

No comments:

Post a Comment