Thursday, July 27, 2006

Retirement

After having turned in my summer grades five minutes ago, I'm now officially retired. I'm exhausted. But I'm also
* happy
* excited
* off balance as I wander the house thinking, what should I be working on now?
* caught up on laundry
* thrilled to have actual fruits and vegetables in the refrigerator (vs. the canned kind)
* working on becoming a real cook - the kind that makes gorgonzola sauce to have with the tenderloin purchased from the specialty meat market
* reading four different books at one time
* a little short on attention span (hence the four books at one time)
* finding time to sit and read more than 3 books at a time to the kids
* videotaping the kids as they sing and act out "Pirates are we..."

All in all, "retirement" feels right to me - oh so very right.

2 comments: