Sunday, April 05, 2009

Flooding, Family and Faith

The title words pretty much sum up the past few weeks around here. I worried and cried about a repeat flood of 1997, family and friends told me to have faith in our dikes, the families of our four siblings in the Fargo/Moorhead area sandbagged and sandbagged and came through this first crest pretty much intact, Dave's sister Roberta and three of her kids stayed with us for a week while her husband and two oldest sandbagged even more, and eight of us piled into the suburban and supported Lucy as she met with the priest and completed the sacrament of first reconciliation.

There were a few other happenings too - the girls performed some dances at Artwise, we caved in and bought a Wii, John got pnemonia, Sophie joined me and Nancy Devine on a trip to Washington D.C. to lobby for the National Writing Project, I laughed so hard I peed my pants at Nancy's escapades with a D.C. Newfoundland , John's godfather, Jeff, cooked some terrific steaks for us and took us to Mt. Vernon, Sophie read two books in one day while we traveled home, Roberta helped Lucy organize her bedroom and closet (Yeah!), John got better and better with the latest round of antibiotics even as Dave got sick, we got to see Carmyn's newly remodeled and redecorated apartment and I learned how to make crosses out of palms.

Everyone is in bed - Dave still with a fever - I've finished a blog entry for the first time in a while and now I'm going to finish reading my latest book, The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. Good night everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I've been reading The Book Thief lately, but had to set it aside for review books. :)

    ReplyDelete