Monday, February 09, 2009

Email to my husband in Acapulco while we're in the middle of an ice storm...

Hi - guess what... Mike's here painting the dungeon and it looks fabulous. Except where there's water on the floor and walls since we've gotten so much rain and the snow is melting - aughhh.

I'm also not parking in the garage anymore as I slightly hit the inside pole with the left bumper. No worries though - Modern Auto Body does not need to be called.

We're skipping all activities tonight as it's been raining all day and everything will be a giant skating rink. It was nuts this morning - everything was icy.

When I left Phoenix after being in John's classroom I heard someone calling out and looked down the alley - a man was flopping around like a walleye and yelling. When I asked him if he was all right he gingerly got up and just said, "Not a good day to wear Converse."

Then when I went to pick up Sophie, Lucy and John after school I looked around the playground and kids were dropping like flies - no matter where I looked. I guess we all should have just got out our ice skates today. :)

Tomorrow is supposed to be a snowstorm - on top of all this ice... yikes! Maybe we should consider moving somewhere warm...

But all in all we're doing good here - everyone's happy. I love you, Marci

By the way - Dave, being the good husband he is, called home within five minutes of my sending the email. Secretly, I think he was worried about his Suburban and our tiny garage but he insists he'd picked up his Blackberry to call home and saw the message. Hmmmm... sound like a bit too much coincidence?!

No comments:

Post a Comment