Monday, March 12, 2007

No, unfortunately, the swimmer on the sidebar is not me...

it's just a picture off the internet. I thought about having Dave come in and take a picture of me doing my laps but then I thought the other swimmers might think it a little strange. So instead, I found a picture that shows how I want to look - or how I might have looked three kids ago - or how I hope to look by this time next year; take your pick.

But, the good news is that last week, for the very first time ever, I swam a whole mile. That's 36 laps in the pool - or 72 lengths however you want to count. I think I actually did more than a mile because I lost track on my last set of five and I was going to be damn sure I did at least 36... I think it ended up more like 39.) All I know is I was absolutely beaming from head to [sore] toe. And I'm still so darn tired I haven't been back to lapswim since. Maybe tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Hope you are recovering. I'm sure you are in pain and just want you to know I'm thinking about you. If you are bored (and in bed), check out my blog (inspired by you because I enjoy keeping in touch this way). www.lifeintheguard.blogspot.com.

    THinking of you and hope your foot is okay. It will be worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete