Friday, March 02, 2007

Foot Surgery

After two doctor appointments and an MRI, it was decided I'll have surgery on my second and third toes on my right foot on March 28. While he's taking care of the hammer toe issues, he'll also be on the lookout for a neuroma (which doesn't necessarily show up even on an MRI). It's a same day operation and a 3-4 week recovery period during which time I'll be on crutches without any weight on my foot. I don't think it's really hit me yet, but all in all I'm happy with the decision - it could mean that sometime in the future I'll be walking around without any foot pain, and that would be a first for about ten years.

Last week I decided that I'd go crazy with exercise - doing whatever the heck I wanted since the end of pain is near. That wasn't such a good idea - after spending an hour a day for three days on cross country skis I was in serious gimp mode. So, it's been back to swimming and swimming only. I'll save the skiing for the weekends and then only do it once instead of three consecutive days. Let's just say "I learned my lesson."

No comments:

Post a Comment