Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Introducing the GKids Travel Blog

Before we left for our two-week vacation I spoke with both Sophie and Lucy's teachers and we thought a journal chronicling their adventures would be a wonderful homework assignment. They've always been (Sophie a bit more than Lucy) interested in my blog so I brought up a blog idea to Sophie and Lucy and they thought it would be great to have their very own blog. In Sophie's entries, I've helped her upload the pictures but she's been the main photographer. She's also done most of the typing by herself. We're all set up in James and Bev's office so I get her going and then go drink some more coffee and chat with the grownups as she composes. When she's tired out, she dictates to me and I do the typing. With Lucy she dictates everything to me and reads over my shoulder. Sometimes she gets to talking so fast I have a hard time keeping up. John is eager to get going so we'll make sure to include some if his thoughts too. So, if you're wondering what we're up to, through the eyes of the children, here goes... check it out with the sidebar link or go directly to it at gkidstravel.blogstpot.com

1 comment:

  1. This is so, so very awesome. I think I am going to try this idea with my Sarah. She's getting a very old and used digital camera for Christmas and I think she'd get a big kick out of her own dictated blog. Lucy and Sophie are terrific writers (Sophie has some awesome details!) and I LOVE John's take on the world.

    rzana.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete