Wednesday, October 15, 2008

One finished project, one unfinished...


I managed to complete the Halloween quilt (begun in September 2007) in August - and it now has a place of its own on the living room wall. I'm rather pleased with it - but at the same time happy that it purposefully has a "thrown-together" look so my haphazard quilting style almost looks as though it was meant to be.

The following quilt, a baby gift for Abby Fay, was begun this summer - long before we knew if Abby was a boy or a girl. It was meant to be a "Take to the Hospital" present for Bridget and J.R.'s baby but instead I have a feeling it'll be a "Happy 1st Birthday" present for sweet Abby.

The part on the left has been somewhat stitched together but I've gotten hung up on the corner piecing and am already worrying about quilting in the ditch and Dakota seems to think the pieces on the bottom are for her to take off the design board and chew on. But really - all that's just plain silly - I just need to sit down and get the darn thing done. After all, winter's coming!


1 comment:

  1. I love the pumpkins! And Abby is a lucky duck. It'll be lovely when it's done.

    ReplyDelete