Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Breadmaking

I've been trying my hand at homemade bread - with varying degrees of success. For a while I was sure it was my Sunbeam mixer and believed that if I only had a brand new KitchenAid Professional Mixer things would be on the rise... especially my bread. After weeks of trying to justify spending between $200 and $300 on a new mixer when the 15 year old Sunbeam works just fine for every other baking need, I got over my impulse and set to work on figuring out just how to make good bread. Turns out the Sunbeam directions have a few recipes and when I tried them out they were delicious. At least I thought so. Not so with our five year old. John, upon trying a piece of beautifully browned, just-from-the-oven piece of bread, said, "I don't really like it; it's just too... homemade." Poor guy - having to eat homemade bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment